Flood Protection

Your standard Homeowner Insurance policy doesn’t cover flooding…

Did you know that nearly 20% of all flood claims come from low to moderate risk areas? That’s us folks.

Assumptions are made that you have to live close to a body of water to have a flood. Not True…¬† We experience flash flooding when we get powerful rain storms. In 2012, FEMA paid out over $29,000,000 (million) in flood claims for OHIO only!

In 1968, Congress created the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) to help provide a means for property owners to financially protect themselves. The NFIP offers flood insurance to homeowners, renters, and business owners if their community participates in the NFIP. Find out more about the NFIP and how it can help you protect yourself.

Learn about The NFIP Partnership.

Flood insurance protects two types of insurable property: building and contents. The first covers your building, the latter covers your possessions; neither covers the land they occupy.

Building coverage includes:

  • The insured building and its foundation
  • The electrical and plumbing system
  • Central air conditioning equipment, furnaces, and water heaters
  • Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances such as dishwashers
  • Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring

Contents coverage includes:

  • Clothing, furniture, and electronic equipment
  • Curtains
  • Portable and window air conditioners
  • Portable microwaves and dishwashers
  • Carpeting that is not already included in property coverage
  • Clothing washers and dryers

Flood insurance is more affordable than you think especially if your community participates in flood prevention efforts.

Contact King Insurance & Financial Services or call 440-243-5555 to identify the best combination of coverage, value and price just for you.

We're here to help! Let's start a conversation!

Need help with Insurance, College Planning or Retirement questions? Call or Click