A traumatic auto accident followed by potentially devastating medical bills can make your stomach churn and leave you in a serious financial situation. Having enough medical payment coverage on your auto policy can help cover a variety of gaps in your coverage regardless of who’s at fault in the accident. While health insurance might cover some of the cost of injuries, even those who have health insurance may find out too late that they are underinsured.
Consider that in 2019 the average cost of an emergency visit was $1645 and that is just the facility charges not the subsequent expenses for doctors or transportation. The total average expenditure was $6,367 over and above what auto policy limits covered. This can leave a huge gap in your protection.
Here are 5 questions to ask yourself to determine potential gaps and how much coverage you might need.
- Do you have a high deductible health insurance plan or plan with co-pays?
- Do you frequently have passengers in your car who aren’t covered under your health insurance?
- Do you or your family members often ride in vehicles not covered under your policy?
- Do you have dental insurance?
- Do you rely on public transportation or often walk/cycle to get places?
Next, give King Insurance & Financial Services a call to help you determine if your covered properly. That’s what we do.